Membership is £15.00 per year for 2019/20 to families and gives access to the following:
- Monthly parent/carer evening meetings on the second Tuesday of the month (no meeting in August). The meetings are a great chance to chat to other members and AWARE staff. We invite external guests to each meeting and each one covers a different topic. One week you could be learning about reflexology and the next finding out how best to support your child’s education.
- 11 newsletters and lists of events per year by email. These are packed full with information about AWARE’s groups, activities, training, plus news from AWARE and its members. These emails are only sent to members.
- Membership of the private AWARE Facebook group , which has daily posts from staff and members and will provide you with a mine of parent-to-parent information and support. It also contains news about AWARE events and activities and information on events run by external partners.
- A list of local childcare providers who specialise in, or have experience of, autism.
- An extensive library of books and DVDs about autism and related subjects which are free to for any member to borrow.
- Do you need some advice on toilet training, schooling or behaviour? The chances are our members have been there, done that and are more than willing to impart their helpful wisdom and understanding. A warm welcome from a friendly, informal and supportive group of parents.